Monday, March 14, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I have been trying to do touristy stuff.

Firstly, both of my Canadian friends are leaving in April. That was such sad news for me. I knew Stacey was going home for sure in April, but I had no idea that Arianna was going. So when she told me, it kind of threw me. I know people come and go, but it doesn't make it any easier does it.

Secondly, on Saturday, I went to Phoenix Park and toured the president's house. It was really nice, except we were stuck on the tour with these old ladies - one of which kept pushing poor Stacey out of the way! She didn't even say excuse me.

Yesterday I finally made it to Kilmainham Gaol. This is very important in Irish history because of all the leaders that were held there like DeValera, etc. We took a guided tour as well.

This Thursday is St. Patrick's Day. Huge in Ireland, obviously. Make sure you wear green! We're off to see the parade and then the pubs for green Guinness. Should be good craic. There is St. Patrick's Festival week here. On Saturday I'm going to try and see the fireworks.

I've booked my tour of Northern Ireland. That's set to happen near the end of March. Looking into booking Paris now.

Hope you're all well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home